ABOUT AUTHOR: Jill Eileen Smith is the author of the bestselling Michal, Abigail, and Bathsheba, all part of The Wives of King David series, and of Sarai, book 1 in the Wives of the Patriarchs series. Her writing has garnered acclaim in several contests. Her research into the lives of biblical women has taken her from the Bible to Israel, and she particularly enjoys learning how women lived in Old Testament times. 

When she isn't writing, she enjoys spending time with her family--in person, over the webcam, or by hopping a plane to fly across the country. She can often be found reading, testing new recipes, grabbing lunch with friends, or snuggling one or both of her adorable cats. She lives with her family in southeast Michigan.

To learn more about Jill or for more information about her books, visit her website at www.jilleileensmith.com. You can also contact Jill at jill@jilleileensmith.com. She loves hearing from her readers

ABOUT BOOK: REBEKAH - Wives of the Patriarchs series  (Book 2) 

When her father dies and she is left in the care of her conniving brother Laban, Rebekah knows her life has changed forever. Her hope for the future is restored when she falls in love with her cousin Isaac, and their relationship starts strong. But marital bliss cannot last forever, and the birth of their twin sons marks the beginning of years of misunderstanding, disagreement, and betrayal. The rift between them grows wider and wider until it is surely too deep to be mended. And yet, with God all things are possible.

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. Who is your favorite woman in Scripture and why?

2. What Bible character would you like to read about in a novel?

3. If you could ask any question of any Biblical person, who would you ask and what would you ask them?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING FEBRUARY28th *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN

Tags: Biblical, Christian, Eileen, Fiction, Jill, Patriarchs, Rebekah, Smith, Wives, of, More…series, the

Views: 820

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite woman in Scripture. Is Ruth. Why, because of her strength determination and Faith

I'd love to read a book about Peter's mother-in-law. I've always wondered what her story is, what his relationship was with her, whether or not she approved of her son-in-law leaving his fishing business and chasing after the poor Teacher from Nazareth. Did she encourage him or nag at him? Did she live with the family and influence Peter's wife? Maybe Peter's wife was dead and the m-i-l reared the kids. I wonder...

2) 

Actually, I would like to read a novel about Job's wife.  There is so little mentioned about her in scripture.    The only mention I've heard of her in sermons etc. is the admonition not to be like her because of her statement to Job in Job 2:9 (Then his wife said to him, “Do you still hold fast your integrity? Curse God and die.”)  Does no one have any compassion for someone who has lost everything she held dear?  including ALL of her children?  Really?  Don't you think other women throughout history may have had the same thought even if they dare not say it?   Is it possible that she regretted that conversation?  Well, anyway.  That's my two cents.

I agree, Kimberly. I think there is more to the story of Job's wife. Mesu Andrews explores some of her story in Love Amid the Ashes. When I think of Job's wife, I don't condemn her. I feel great compassion because I can't (and don't want to) even imagine what she went through!

~Jill

Reply by Robbi Bourne on February 26, 2013 at 5:10pm

My favorite woman in the Bible is Mary, the mother of Jesus.  She was an ordinary girl who gave total trust to God under circumstances that were anything but ordinary.  She questioned nothing, but accepted all things and stored everything in her heart (which I think of as her precious memory box).   What would it be like to carry and care for the baby who is the son of Almighty God!

One of my favorite novels of all time is Two From Galilee, a love story of Joseph and Mary. Marjorie Holmes really brought Mary to life for me. I think to explore her thoughts and emotions would be a great challenge, but also a great privilege. I look forward to meeting her someday!

~Jill

Two From Galilee is one of my favorites along with the other two in the series.

Blessings, Tina

I suppose I am amazed by Mary, mother of Jesus, and her overwhelming obedience and heart full of willingness, regardless of other opinions to the situation she was in given human understanding and limitations.

1. Who is your favorite woman in Scripture and why?

My favorite woman in scripture is Deborah. I just loved her she was a prophetess and a judge and she did mighty things. A lot of times people label women in the Bible as insignificant and lesser, but Deborah showed that she was important and that she too had a powerful relationship with God. I also love Hannah. Hannah showed strength, courage, faith, and determination. She was teased and hurt and mocked but she kept praying and praying. When she received what she prayed for she kept her end of the promise. These two just add so much insight and understanding in my own life.

Question 1:
I think my favorite woman in the Bible is Mary, the mother of Jesus.
Her response in Luke 1 is beautiful. She would face slander and misunderstanding,
But she rejoices and is thankful and honored to be chosen by God.

My favorite woman in scripture is the Proverbs 31 woman. She is the example that I would be pleased to reflect and emulate. I don't think I have read a novel that presented her but think it would be interesting. There are so many marvelous women in there and I love reading about all of the ones who personify a godly woman.  I love reading Jill's work and this book really will be a winner I know. Hope it is for me!  :D  Blessings! Darlene

spangldlady[at]gmail[dot]com

Thank you, Darlene, for your kind compliments of my work. I hope you get a chance to read Rebekah, one way or the other.

~Jill

RSS

Book Fun Catalog: Find Great Books Here

Click HERE for the entire Catalog

Stolen: The True Story of a Sex Trafficking Survivor (by Katariina Rosenblatt, PhD with Cecil Murphey)

Gatehaven

By Molly Nobel Bull

Chapel Springs Revival

By Ane Mulligan

We will be linking book covers here for a small fee. Contact Fred@bookfunmagazine.con for more information.

Download Our Toolbar

Find your favorite Links in one place! Download TBCN Toolbar and help support us!

Get our toolbar!

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Voting for October 2014 TBCN Fiction Book of the Month

Voting for October 2014 TBCN NONFICTION BOOK OF THE MONTH

Notes

Welcome

Created by Fred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Fred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@thebookclubnetwork.com

© 2014   Created by Fred St Laurent.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service