ABOUT BOOK: Spunky Allison McClare is determined to be a fearless, independent woman, resorting to a mammoth hat pin for protection on her way to and from the school where she teaches. But when she takes a notion to explore the wild Barbary Coast she quickly discovers she is no match for rum-soaked brute strength.

Detective Nick Barone would rather do almost anything than teach this petite socialite jiu-jitsu, but it seems he has little choice in the matter. Sparks fly every time the two meet until a grudging friendship develops into something deeper. But when Nick suddenly leaves town, Allison realizes he's a fraud just like all the rest of the men she's cared for. Does she dare love again?

The lushness of the glorious Gilded Age beautifully showcases Lessman's passion as a writer in this engaging love story written with humor and heart. From the glamour of San Francisco's Nob Hill to the seedy gambling dens of the Barbary Coast, Dare to Love Again is a journey to find a love that never fails. Fans will love revisiting the world of the cousins McClare, and new readers will seek more of Julie's passion-filled novels.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Julie Lessman is an award-winning author of The Daughters of Boston series and the Winds of Change series and was ACFW's 2009 Debut Author of the Year. Voted #1 Romance Author of the year in the Family Fiction magazine's 2012 and 2011 Readers' Choice Awards, Julie was also on Booklist's 2010 Top 10 Inspirational Fiction list and is the recipient of fifteen RWA awards. You can contact Julie at www.julielessman.com

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1 . What do you love about historicals? What do you expect to find? What do you look forward to in reading one of Julie Lessman's books?

2. "Spunky Allison McClare is determined to be a fearless, independent woman, resorting to a mammoth hat pin for protection on her way to and from the school where she teaches. But when she takes a notion to explore the wild Barbary Coast she quickly discovers she is no match for rum-soaked brute strength."

This is in the book description does anyone know or can you guess how women protected themselves back in the day? Was this something they thought of as a must to teach their daughters?

3. How do you protect yourself? Your children? When you are out and about? What do you watch for when shopping at the mall? Do you look at things differently at a movie theater since people have been shot there? Just wondering?

4. I like Julie's books and think she has a balance in what she shows readers about passion, what do you think it too far? What would happen in a book that would make you say ,"I can't read anymore?"

SECOND CHANCE TO WIN A COPY OF THIS BOOK

SECOND WAY to learn more go to FINDING HOPE THROUGH FICTION BLOG and Read about this authors PASSION as she shares her heart with readers!

CLICK LINK BELOW! LEARN ABOUT AUTHOR!

http://psalm516.blogspot.com/2014/01/julie-lessman-shares-her-heart...

JOIN the FUN!

THANKS JULIE for Sharing your Passion!

Nora :o)

TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!

www.bookfun.org

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING IS LAST DAY OF MONTH*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

Views: 1259

Replies to This Discussion

4. Too far to me is graphic detail. In books like Julie's I can feel the passion w/out it being graphic. I stop reading when the details become too graphic, nudity, and inappropriate words. I used to stay away from romance novels until I read ones like Julie's. 

Aw, thanks, Beth -- that is a true compliment, my friend, and MUCH appreciated!!

Good luck in the giveaway!!

Hugs,

Julie

1. I love historicals that are so well-written they suck you in with the romance, characters and plot, but at the same time the reader learns a lot about that particular period.I have read one of Julie's books, and it still stands out in my mind, which I feel is a compliment. I read a lot, and stories blur unless they truly excel. Looking forward to reading this book,and the great combination of romance and history and culture involved.

WOW, Becky, that IS  compliment, thank you!!  I hope you will give another of my books a go soon, and maybe even the one you "win" in this contest!! ;)

Good luck!!

Julie

Due to snow and cold, extra time off school. Reading your The Dancing Master. Looks good!

Hat pins! That is what they used for protection! Maybe we should bring those back! hehe!

LOL, I agree, MELONY!! In fact, I carry HUGE safety pins in my purse -- not as pretty, but get the job done and pin a hem in one fell swoop! ;)

GOOD LUCK!!

Julie

LOL. Good thinking!

When I read Julie's novels, I know I will learn some historical facts while being treated with a story that has pure, clean passion as well as one that touches my emotions and will have me rethinking the reasons behind my actions and motivations. Thank you, Nora and Julie for the chance to win!

Thanks, MARIANNE, for your kind words, but the true thanks goes to REVELL, who ROCKS with these fabulous giveaways, so here's to a win!!

Hugs,

Julie

What do you love about historicals? What do you expect to find? What do you look forward to in reading one of Julie Lessman's books?

learning history.  Look up everything you read about.

Hey, Marguerite, do you really "look up" everything you read in a historical??? Uh-oh ... thank goodness my copy editors at Revell are TOP NOTCH or you would catch me in some boo-boos!! :)

Hugs and GOOD LUCK!!

Julie

RSS

Book Fun Catalog: Find NEW Books Here

Authors pay a fee to be included in this directory. #ad #paid ad

Click HERE for the entire Catalog

Luke the Slave and Physician

By Katheryn Maddox Haddad

Tidewater Summer 

By Jo Huddleston

The Nature Girl

by Karen Whiting

The Snowbound Bride By Davalynn Spencer

Chapel Springs Revival

By Ane Mulligan

We will be linking book covers here for a small fee. Contact Fred@bookfunmagazine.com for more information.

Download Our Toolbar

Find your favorite Links in one place! Download TBCN Toolbar and help support us!

Get our toolbar!

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@thebookclubnetwork.com

Contest 8/30/2016

1) Go Here, Join the group and leave a comment on the latest video (watch it first) 

2) Go Here Join this group Answer the questions in that discussion after looking through the study?

Email me at fred@bookfunmagazine.com 

Tell me what you completed.

Winners will be notified, here, during the chat the 3rd Monday of September which is the 19th

© 2017   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service