Here's a welcome to all the newbies to my author group.  I live in Arizona where it's been in the 90s all week.  (Love, love, love hot weather.) My cacti and palm trees are having a very good time. Come see me some time.  (Seriously. I mean it.)

Oh, by the way, I write mostly biblical historical novels. It takes me an average of 500 hours to research for each one. I don't want to "add to the Bible". My novels are what I call "commentaries in narrative form".

I like to provide a possible life for each Bible character as it may have been leading up to his appearance in the Bible.  What kinds of life experiences might have made him what he became?  

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Kathryn, we must be close to being neighbors! In the 90's in my part of AZ, too. I do hope for a bit of cooler weather before the 100's roll in. Looking forward to learning more about you and your novels in upcoming chats. I've been hesitant to read Biblical fiction as some have so many 'assumptions'. I will want to read some of yours now, seeing how well-researched yours are. Such a labor of love you have with each!

Are you in Tucson? I'm in Casa Grande.

I understand your  "so many assumptions".  I think it is good to check out the Bible account as well as historical records of the time - what were people thinking and doing socially, politically, nationally, etc. My best readers are the ones who check me out.  I try to both entertain and educate. Today's readers are intelligent and educated.

One man who read Paul wrote back and said, "Wow! Oh, wow!" He went on to say that he checked everything out and the only inaccuracy he saw is where I said Paul had been taught by Caiaphas.  I wrote back that, since Paul was a student at the temple for many years, I doubt Gamaliel was the only teacher he had - although Gamaliel was the most famous.  I guess we could say Caiaphas was the most infamous.

Looking forward to reading your books.  I like what you said about not adding to the Bible.

What I try to do is figure out "what makes them tick."  That done, I fit in possible events that might have made the character think and do as he did.  

After writing about Paul, I had a new respect for him.  Well, after writing about all my characters, I feel that way.

Hi, Galinda. Where do you live?

Putting my name in for a PB book. 6-8 weeks.

I would love paperbacks. 6-8 weeks

Okay, Vickie and Victoria. Send your addresses to me at katheryn@inspirationsbykatheryn.com

RSS

25 KINDLE FIRE HD 8S -GIVEN AWAY BETWEEN SEPTEMBER AND CHRISTMAS

We will be announcing the details on our new promotion, the largest we have ever done:
25 Kindle Fire HD 8s given away between September and Christmas.

Watch for details!

Book Fun Catalog: Find NEW Books Here

Authors pay a fee to be included in this directory. #ad #paid ad

Click HERE for the entire Catalog

Luke the Slave and Physician

By Katheryn Maddox Haddad

Tidewater Summer 

By Jo Huddleston

The Nature Girl

by Karen Whiting

The Snowbound Bride By Davalynn Spencer

Chapel Springs Revival

By Ane Mulligan

We will be linking book covers here for a small fee. Contact Fred@bookfunmagazine.com for more information.

Christians Read Blog

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@thebookclubnetwork.com

© 2017   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service