GIVEAWAY EVENT - Kicks off at

"Live" Chat AUGUST 21st at 8 PM

Eastern Standard Time

ABOUT BOOK: Romance. Heartbreak. Scandal. Secrets. Second Chances.

In 1902, Sarah McCall is waiting to leave for the mission field when the man she once loved steps back into her life. Abandoned as a child by her mother and gambler father, she strives to overcome a tarnished history she didn’t create and a heartbreak she can’t forget.

Peter Caswell returns to his Wisconsin hometown a pastor, dedicated to his four-year-old daughter and new congregation. But no matter how hard he tries to move on with his life, he can’t forgive himself for his wife’s death.

When Sarah learns that Peter is returning to Riverton, the letter giving her departure date for Africa can’t come soon enough for her. They were best friends—she loved him and supported his dreams—but he married another and broke her heart. Although ten years have passed since he left Riverton, Peter hopes Sarah still cares enough to give him a second chance. But a charming newcomer pursues her affections—and Sarah’s childhood nemesis manipulates her way into Peter’s life. Will Sarah and Peter find their way to forgiveness and each other, or will past mistakes make a life together impossible?

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. What three things would you rather not live without (besides your family)?

2. What movie affected you most when you were young? How did it affect you? What touched you about the movie that made it memorable?

3. If you were not a movie goer what book affected you the most? What touched you about the book? Made it memorable?

4.  What was one of your favorite books you read as a child? Why was it your favorite?

CONGRATS TO CONNIE SAUNDERS 

Your name was drawn for the Kindle Fire HD8

Last day to Enter is SEPT 15th  NAMES will be Announced in the "Live Chat" SEPT 18th 8 P.M. Eastern Standard Time.

The Names will be Posted here AFTER the Chat.

(Make Sure that Your Name, Address and Phone Number are CURRENT - We will be using that information in the drawing)

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 688

Replies to This Discussion

Three things i could not live without: my family, my books, and God. 

All three very important, Linda! :-D

4. My godmother gave me a hardbound copy of The Ugly Duckling. The cover had a beautiful swan set in one of those inserts that shimmered and changed when you tilted it. As I recall, the interior pages were also thick and rigid. I not only loved the story, but I loved the book.

Cynthia, that book is a classic, and it shares such an important message with children. Sounds like your copy had a gorgeous cover!

1. My Bible, my phone, my dog

Becky, I think those three things are important to a lot of people. We sure have become dependent on our phones, haven't we?

Even as a child I always loved mystery books like Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Trixie Belden & a few others. I still love reading good suspense, but also love reading many different genres. I just love reading! :)

You just named some of my favorites, Susanne! I still have my Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden books!

I loved Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden!

They seem to be popular with lots of readers here, Vickie! You're in good company! ;-)

A favorite book from childhood was The Ghost Next Door by Wylly Folk St. John.  There was lots of suspense and wondering if there really was a ghost behind the mysterious events.  I enjoyed the characters too.  Other favorites were The House of Thirty Cats by Mary Calhoun and The Ghosts by Antonia Barber.  I reread these three books many times and still have them!

I read Trixie Belden and Nancy Drew, etc.  I still mostly read mysteries.

It sounds like you got started on mysteries at an early age, Michelle! I've never heard of the thirst three books that you've mentioned - I  may have to check them out! But, I was an avid fan of Trixie Belden and Nancy Drew too! And although I write historical romance, I still enjoy reading mysteries and suspense. 

RSS

25 KINDLE FIRE HD 8S -GIVEN AWAY BETWEEN SEPTEMBER AND CHRISTMAS

We will be announcing the details on our new promotion, the largest we have ever done:
25 Kindle Fire HD 8s given away between September and Christmas.

Watch for details!

Book Fun Catalog: Find NEW Books Here

Authors pay a fee to be included in this directory. #ad #paid ad

Click HERE for the entire Catalog

Luke the Slave and Physician

By Katheryn Maddox Haddad

Tidewater Summer 

By Jo Huddleston

The Nature Girl

by Karen Whiting

The Snowbound Bride By Davalynn Spencer

Chapel Springs Revival

By Ane Mulligan

We will be linking book covers here for a small fee. Contact Fred@bookfunmagazine.com for more information.

Christians Read Blog

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@thebookclubnetwork.com

© 2017   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service