ABOUT BOOK: Miss Felicia Murdock firmly believed her destiny was to become a minister's wife. When the minister on whom she had set her sights marries another lady, Felicia is forced to take a close look at her life and comes to a few uncomfortable conclusions. Determined that something needs to change--and soon--Felicia discovers she is finally ready to spread her wings and embrace life the way she's always wanted.
Grayson Sumner--or Lord Sefton, as he's officially known--has had more than enough of spreading his wings and only hopes to settle into the life of a normal, respectable New York gentleman. Prompted by some well-meaning friends to lift the spirits of the disappointed-in-love Miss Murdock, he is surprised to encounter a young lady who seems to have become quite adventurous and quite determined to get herself into all sorts of troublesome situations.

Intent on remaining independent, Felicia is reluctant to accept Grayson's help, especially as she finds herself developing feelings for him. However, just as Grayson decides he's had quite enough of her antics, his past comes back to haunt him and his presence in her life has endangered Felicia. Will Grayson and Felicia decide they want to spend the rest of their lives keeping one another out of trouble?

ABOUT AUTHOR:  Jen Turano, acclaimed author of A Change of FortuneA Most Peculiar Circumstance, and A Talent for Trouble, is a graduate of the University of Akron with a degree in Clothing and Textiles. Her fourth book in the Ladies of Distinction Series, A Match of Wits, will release from Bethany House in the summer of 2014. She is a member of ACFW and makes her home outside of Denver, Colorado with her husband and teenage son. Visit her website at www.jenturano.com or Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/jenturanoauthor.

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. Miss Felicia Murdock has spent far too many years committing one fashion faux pas after another.  What has been your worst fashion faux pas?

2. Since we’re talking fashion – which do you enjoy more – shopping for shoes or shopping for purses?

3. Which do you enjoy most shopping on-line or in a store?

4. Do you enjoy a hero who can be a little grumpy or do you prefer the hero in a romance novel to be the perfect gentleman?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING IS LAST DAY OF MONTH*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

Views: 520

Replies to This Discussion

1. Worst fashion faux pas would be my hair.....

2. Would have to say purses, can't buy shoes off the rack.

3. Definitely online, able to do it w/out the crowds

4. Definitely a little grumpy, love an imperfect hero

Hi Beth! 

Thanks for stopping by and I have to admit, I've had quite a few fashion upsets with my hair - I once tried out a new stylist and left her chair with what appeared to be a mullet....yep, it was a bit of a shock and my friends got a huge kick out of it - me????  Not so much. 

Good luck with the drawing.

All the best,

Jen

I do not care about fashion, just comfort as long as I look neat. Therefore, I really do not pay a whole lot of attention to fashion, I shop almost exclusively in stores. I am a petite, only 4'10" and weigh less than 100 pounds so need to try things on before buying so do not shop for clothes online. As for a hero. I prefer someone who is "real". Perfection is so fake but I do like my heros to be presentable and not total slobs.

Hi Sharen,

I prefer to shop in stores as well, although I do enjoy fashion - which is probably why I majored in just that back in college - although it wasn't nearly as glamorous as I thought it would be - but the fashion shows were a lot of fun to put on. 

Thanks for stopping by and good luck with the giveaway!

All the best,

~ Jen ~

I'm with Sharen I the fashion sense, I don't like shopping or deciding on what to buy at all! Though I do try to be neat and presentable. So was glad to see a question not related to fashion! I can enjoy a hero who can be a little grumpy...as long as he's realistic! Thanks, Nora for the chance to win!

Thank you for leaving a comment, Marianne, and I'm delighted to learn you enjoy a hero who can be a little grumpy - those are my favorite kind to write:)

Have a great weekend!

All the best,

~ Jen ~

#2.  I think shopping for shoes is way more fun than shopping for purses. 

#3.  I would much prefer to shop in store so that I can try it on or look it over.  Online shopping can be convenient, but ends up not really being what I wanted.

Hi Amanda,

I enjoy shopping in stores as well over online shopping - even though I occasionally feel as if the life is being sucked right out of me when I first walk into a department store - probably because I spent so many hours working in them when I was younger:)

Good luck with the giveaway!

All the best,

~ Jen ~

I would prefer to shop online.  Big crowds make me nervous.

Hi Linda!

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I don't particularly care for crowds either, which is why this year I'm determined to do my Christmas shopping during the week to miss most of the rush.  We'll see how that goes - I always vow to avoid grocery shopping on the weekends as well, but seem to find myself there every Saturday:)

Good luck with the giveaway and hope you have a great weekend!

All the best,

~ Jen ~

I'm really not into today's fashions.  I truly like to wear what's comfortable.  I love shopping for purses, shoes are okay.  I do like shopping online, but for a good fit you really need to go in person.  Oh, I love my hero a little grumpy at times.  It makes them more realistic to me.  I do like the grumpiness to be a gentleman.  That's a perfect combination, one that know what should be doing and doing it whether they want to or not.lol

Hi Katrina!

Thank you so much for participating today.  So glad you love grumpy heroes - and yes, we're in perfect agreement that they may be grumpy, but still need to be a gentleman at all times:)

Have a fabulous weekend!

All the best,

~ Jen ~

RSS

Book Fun Catalog: Find NEW Books Here

Authors pay a fee to be included in this directory. #ad #paid ad

Click HERE for the entire Catalog

Luke the Slave and Physician

By Katheryn Maddox Haddad

Tidewater Summer 

By Jo Huddleston

The Nature Girl

by Karen Whiting

The Snowbound Bride By Davalynn Spencer

Chapel Springs Revival

By Ane Mulligan

We will be linking book covers here for a small fee. Contact Fred@bookfunmagazine.com for more information.

Download Our Toolbar

Find your favorite Links in one place! Download TBCN Toolbar and help support us!

Get our toolbar!

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@thebookclubnetwork.com

Contest 8/30/2016

1) Go Here, Join the group and leave a comment on the latest video (watch it first) 

2) Go Here Join this group Answer the questions in that discussion after looking through the study?

Email me at fred@bookfunmagazine.com 

Tell me what you completed.

Winners will be notified, here, during the chat the 3rd Monday of September which is the 19th

© 2017   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service